Immediate Pty Ltd
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, being when you knowingly provide it to us, such as through our Site(s), via email correspondence, when you enter competitions, when you purchase goods or services, when you subscribe to mailing lists or other services, or otherwise as allowable under law. We aim only to collect personal information that is necessary to carry on our business and to supply you with the goods and/or services that you have contracted or requested us to provide. However, we may also collect information about you to do internal research and to conduct market research for our own purposes.
We may collect the following personal information:
- your name and contact details, such as your telephone or mobile phone number, email, social media handles, or postal address; and
- other information that you provide to us, workplace/place of business, date of birth or title
While we endeavour to only collect personal information from you directly, we may also collect information from the following sources that you may be unaware of including:
- third parties (such as agencies on our behalf or our commercial partners);
- public directories and listings;
- personal interactions with Immediate employees; and
- electronic information from email or the Internet.
We may collect your credit card or banking details in order to procure payment for goods or services you request, however such financial information will be treated in a different manner to the rest of your personal information, as detailed below.
Use and Disclosure of Information
Immediate will generally only use and disclose your personal information if the disclosure is necessary to answer your enquiry or request, to supply you with goods and/or services requested, or to complete the services we provide.
When Immediate collects personal information from you, we will use it for the reasons we collected it and for other reasonable business purposes, which may include:
- to database, store and process your personal information to provide you with the goods and/or services you have requested;
- to enable us to improve and develop our products and services;
- to understand your needs, to customise services to meet your needs and preferences, and to provide you with a better service;
- market research;
- development of websites and other value-added services for our clients;
- development of programs or material that may benefit our clients;
- connecting you with third parties that provide goods and services you are likely to be interested in, based on our interactions with you; and
- tailoring communication in order to confer information that is relevant and useful.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where we have sought your consent or as is otherwise allowed or required by law;
- to our related companies, contractors, suppliers or service providers for the purposes of providing products and services on our behalf and performing our administration and other operations, including accounting and finance checks, IT, marketing, record keeping and statistical purposes, market research, safety purposes, fulfilment services and/or Site traffic analysis;
- to any entity to which we propose to assign any part of our business; or
- or to other organisations with whom we have contractual agreements.
We will only use sensitive information we hold about you for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for a purpose directly related to the primary purpose, and where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose it for that purpose.
We will never sell or disclose your credit card or financial information to third parties.
If any such third parties collect your information they will have their own obligations regarding treatment of your information, and if you have any concerns about those parties you should liaise with them directly.
Transfer of Information Outside of Australia
Some of the companies we may disclose your personal to are located overseas, including the Asia Pacific Region. In all instances of overseas disclosure, we shall ensure that the transfer of your personal information is carried out in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
We will not send your personal information outside of Australia unless:
- It is necessary (including to provide the personal information to a third party) to provide our goods and/or services to you;
- You have provided your consent;
- We believed on reasonable grounds that the organisation involved would only deal with your personal information in a similar manner to the requirements under the APPs; or
- Where otherwise allowed by the Privacy Act.
Links to Other Websites
Storage and Security
The exception to this may be information required for possible data analysis at a future date, or information we are legally required or advised to hold for specific time periods. Wherever practicable subject to the above, the information will be retained in a form that does not allow you to be identified.
Your Rights, Access and Correction of Information
You may request details of personal information held about you by Immediate except where law allows us to refuse your request, in which case we will provide reasons why we have refused. A small access fee may be payable to provide this information. We may provide you with this information verbally or in writing, as may be appropriate. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please send an email to our Privacy Officer (details can be found at the base of this document).
We will take reasonable steps to amend or correct your personal information to keep it accurate and up to date. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible (details can be found at the base of this document). We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Privacy Concerns or Complaints
If you have any queries or concerns about your personal information, or would like to make a privacy or personal information related complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer for assistance (see details below). We will treat your complaint confidentially, investigate your complaint and aim to ensure that we contact you and that your complaint is resolved within a reasonable time or the time required by the Privacy Act.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns or complaint, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or the local regulator in your jurisdiction in the UK or Europe, as applicable.
You can contact us at the following address:
Immediate Pty Ltd
111/87 Gladstone St, South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205
Ph: 1800 659 833
Last updated October 2022